Tuesday 30 September 2008

Introducing...Fylix

I'm a 23 year-old broadcast journalism student studying in London, with a passion I felt worthy of creating a blog around. That passion is motorbikes.

However, passion doesn't always mean knowledge, and although I know enough to 'get by' I'm hoping to learn more. The clue's in the first line: I'm a student. I'll just be studying more than journalism.

I don't subscribe to the typical image of a biker either, unless of course you add the word 'chick' to the mix. I'm a female rider and proud of it: after all, judging from the stares I get there don't seem to be many of us.

I've never shaved my hair off (or had it long and greasy for that matter), I don't chain-smoke and I'm certainly not a hell raiser. I've never wheelied past a camera (or wheelied at all to be honest) and as of yet, I've never 'flipped the bird' at anyone else on the road.

Whats a young, female, (relatively) polite student doing out on two wheels then? It's all thanks to an old boyfriend of mine who gave me the courage to jump on and fall in love.

It's not just bikes I'll blog about either. There's so much going on that I find interesting, so why not write about what interests me. Maybe it'll interest others too!

I may be no expert but I'm passionate and keen to learn more about bikes. Anything I find interesting I'll be blogging about, along with the day to day trials and tribulations facing bike riders. So watch this space; hopefully I can learn off you and you may even find out a thing or two from me.

So finally, who's Fylix then? She's my bike of course.

No comments: